I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I am finally moving to Kansas City. Even if temporarily. Growing up in Topeka and going to school in Manhattan... those two things make you idolize places like Kansas City. Higher crime rates? Maybe. But there is a ton more to do.
This is all perception, of course. My previous experience with Kansas City has been largely contained within the concert-going arena. Uptown, City Market, Beaumont, even The Record Bar. I've been to plenty of great concerts there, particularly Third Eye Blind (twice) at the Uptown, Sigur Ros at the Uptown, Lostrophets at the Uptown. Even a band I wasn't familiar with had an amazing show - The Flaming Lips. It was like one gigantic birthday party. Minus the cake. Plus the costumes and balloons and laser pointers and blow-up toys and huge video screens and confetti and loud speaker system.
Birthday Massacre, The All-American Rejects, Anberlin. Lots and lots of concerts. Kansas City has a lot to live up to for me because all I know is the music scene.
Other visits: The Plaza around Christmas time (and engagement time), Crown Center, Royals Stadium, and a number of advertising agencies - the reason I'm moving to KC...
...the reason I'm on a mad apartment search. Me and two others. And thus the story of experience and growing up begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment