Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Settling In

I am finally, FINALLY getting a chance to write something worthwhile again. While the fiance plays Donkey Country in the backdrop, I sit here on the laptop, writing about my life instead of designing a campaign logo for United Way of Riley County.

Such is life.

I have officially been to work as an intern for 5 days. Had last Monday off due to some government holiday. I spent those first two days (Sunday and Monday) moving in and getting accustomed to the area the apartment is located. It's quite nice. We're near a number of shopping centers. There are about three different groceries stores to choose from (including an insanely nice Price Chopper and Hen House), a Target, and then a Starbucks (which... I do not really enjoy for numerous reasons, including having to pay for internet use) and Caribou Coffee. There are others too, of course, but the main one worth mentioning is Haagen-Dazs. This past weekend (beginning of June), two of my friends and I made some quite tasty spaghetti at my apartment and chatted at the dinner table. Afterwards, we then enjoyed some very tasty from Haagen-Dazs. We each got some small bowls of ice cream, sat outside on the porch and then calmly enjoyed each other's company. Laughing. Discussing things that don't really matter. Discussing things that do matter. I loved it.

The internship? I will go into detail about that later. Overall, things have been going somewhat slowly, as we are each (three interns), are still learning how to do things around the agency. A cool aspect of this, though, is that we all get along great.

We'll call the two of them T&B for now.

And speaking of "now," I'm out. I'm going to hang with my fiance.

No comments: