Needless to say, it has been intense to figure out what issues you stand upon when choosing (if you're voting) a presidential candidate. Much of my time has been spent following Obama, but truly giving McCain a fair chance. Ultimately, I think that my choice has been made by cool-headedness and by an ability to lead. There are of course, many other reasons for the choices I've made, but what I really want to get down to is an article I read in the Wall Street Journal today. It's titled "Obama and the Politics of Crowds." It was a very compelling opinion, and what struck me well and sobered me up is the final paragraph. The writer ends his article as such:
"The morning after the election, the disappointment will begin to settle upon the Obama crowd. Defeat–by now unthinkable to the devotees– will bring heartbreak. Victory will steadily deliver the sobering verdict that our troubles won't be solved by a leader's magic."
No comments:
Post a Comment